Saturday, February 2, 2019

Pantry/Freezer Challenge Month

We started our pantry/freezer challenge this week although, I did buy regular groceries last weekend.  I will carefully craft a grocery list for Sunday to take advantage of what we have on hand.  No doubt, some meals will be rather simple.  When I took a peek in the freezer today, I discovered a restaurant box of bacon I had completely forgotten about.  We also have many packages of ground beef and chicken and a few packages of sausage.  I also have some fish there as well.

My grocery trip was very limited and I tried to focus on things to round out a meal.  I bought two packages (6 breasts) of chicken which was BOGOF at Publix along with two boxes (also BOGOF) frozen egg rolls.  I picked up some potatoes, a large bell pepper and a cucumber.  Total was under $50.

Sunday: Italy an Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans
Monday: stuffed peppers with smoked sausage
Tuesday: stir fry chicken and vegetable fried rice
Wednesday: potato soup and blts
Thursday: fried rice and egg rolls
Friday - out or tbd

Sunday we also picked up some supplies for home repairs.  I was able to fix the flush on our guest toilet.  The part I bought before took too long to fill the tank and did not let enough water in the bowl.  For $9 this new part works much better.  We also bought hose bibs but we’re gonna need a plumber to work on this.  I also bought a new chime for our door bell.  Haven’t decided if we “need” this or not.  We decided to buy today and return later in the week if we did not need.




No comments: